What is the difference between all world travel map techniques?
We offer various world travel map with pins techniques – canvas, framed, posters, and mounted posters.
Canvas – printed on poly-cotton canvas, mounted on foam-board, and gallery wrapped on a wood frame. Shipped ready to hang and you will be able to start pinning right away. Canvas maps usually come without a frame, but we have made several custom orders with a framed canvas as well, contact us to order a framed canvas world map.
Framed – push pin travel map is printed on fine-art grade watercolor paper with smooth artistic texture, mounted on a foam board and framed in a wooden frame. Shipped ready to hang. So you will be able to start pinning right away.
Poster – printed on enhanced matt paper and matt laminated for extra protection. Shipped rolled in a tube, and can be used as poster with stickers or DIY mounted on backing.
Mounted poster – Printed on enhanced matte paper and mounted on a warp-resistant foam core board. Shipped ready to hang and you will be able to start pinning right away.
How can I personalize my travel map?
There are two options for personalization – you can add a quote on a travel map or a map banner. For a quote, you can choose a font, and for a map banner, you can choose the style of the banner – add names and change keys.
Do you send digital proofs for custom travel maps?
Yes, we do! Within 24 hours after purchase, you will receive a digital proof of personalized travel map with pins for confirmation before printing.
How long does the delivery take?
Delivery times vary, from the location. More precise shipping information will be displayed at checkout.
In general delivery to Northern America (US, CA) and Europe takes 3 – 5 days.
Additionally, you can view shipping information page
How can I track my order?
We send a tracking number in an email once the order is shipped out. With this tracking number, go to track-trace.
With this tracking number, go to track-trace .
How can I change or cancel my order?
If you have made an order by mistake or if there is any other reason why you would like to cancel or change the order, please contact us within 24 hours from the purchase.
What are the conditions of the push pin travel map return?
To get help with the exchange or return process, contact us, and we will reply promptly with instructions for further steps.
If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value and for return shipping costs. It means that, if the product is not damaged in transit and meets our warranty standards, you will be responsible for returning the product to us at your expense. More detailed information.
How can I change shipping address to my order?
Just contact us within 24 hours from the purchase to change the shipping address for your pushpin travel map.
Where do you deliver your maps?
All our maps are shipped around the world to every place where DHL delivery is available. Contact us if there is any problem with your address in checkout.
Do you have World, USA, EUROPE map designs that I can match together?
Yes, we do have several map designs that are matched for World, USA, and Europe maps.
Here you can find all our travel maps, so you can choose the very best for you.
Can you provide a VAT receipt for me?
Yes we can. If you need a VAT receipt/invoice additionally, please contact us and we will include a VAT invoice in your order and also send it via email.
How do I take care of my world travel map?
The pushpin travel map can easily last 100+ years if they are properly cared for, and it doesn’t take much to care for them. Dusting your world travel map is about all you should have to do every few years. Here are some basic guidelines for taking care of your canvas travel map or framed travel map.
Hanging Your travel map
- All travel maps are made to be hung inside a temperature-controlled environment.
- Never hang your map outside, in areas of high humidity, or near any heat source.
- Our travel maps come with 2-3 coats of special varnish that adds a tough and flexible layer of protection. This varnish also protects from fingerprints and UV rays, but if the canvas is placed in direct sunlight, the ink and canvas itself will eventually fade over time.
Handling Your travel map
- Please make sure that you clean your hands before using the travel map
- Do not place anything on top of the map or lay it with the front-facing down.
- Try not to poke or press down on the map because you could leave an impression that might not go away.
Cleaning Your travel map – Never use any chemical cleaners to clean your map.
- Your map will pick up dust over time. You can gently wipe the dust off with a clean, soft, dry cloth or use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to remove any dust on the surface of the map.
- If your map is located in a heavily trafficked area, it will probably pick up a little more dirt/dust than usual. You can easily clean the pushpin map by lightly dampening a clean cloth with water and gently wiping the surface and sides of the map and frame.
- To remove splashes, wipe very gently with a slightly damp soft cloth. Do not rub your map too hard or continuously in the same areas, because you could damage the protective coating and the ink.
Travel map on canvas
Since the canvas is made from cotton, your travel map on canvas can expand and contract in areas where the temperature fluctuates excessively. The stretcher bars that your canvas is wrapped around could also warp in areas of high humidity.
If you notice that your canvas is starting to loosen up and sag, you can try the following:
- Spray an even, a fine mist of clean water or distilled water on the back of the canvas map. The canvas should tighten up when it dries.
- If the canvas starts to sag excessively, you might need to have the canvas re-stretched.
If you follow these basic guidelines, your travel map should last many generations.
Do you send poster rolled up in the tube?
We send posters in the tube and for posters standard shipping we use international mail.
Where are you located?
We are located in Northern Europe, in Latvia.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Contact us and we will gladly help you to get your world travel map!